It’s the time of year for Career Portfolios!
What is a Career Portfolio?
- It is a record of your 4-H experiences which builds year after year and shows growth in expertise and leadership in project areas. It also keeps a record of 4-H activities and non-4-H experiences.
Why should you complete a Career Portfolio?
- These statistics will be invaluable when you are older and applying for things such as National Honor Society and FFA positions and scholarships. All the information you need will be readily available and organized!
- Career Portfolios are a competitive project. You can apply for County awards, then at the State Level as you are older, with the Grand Prize being a trip to National 4-H Congress. In order to apply at the state level you need to have a history in your portfolio. Therefore, the reason to begin when you first become a 4-H member is that you have as complete of a record as possible. If you have been a 4-H member for a few years, is it too late to begin a portfolio? Absolutely not.
When is the Career Portfolio due?
- Completed portfolios are due to the Extension Office by October 4th.
- We exchange the judging of the portfolios with another county. Results and awards from the Career Portfolio will take place during the 4-H Fall Festival on October 22.
- Go to http://4h.unl.edu/careerportfolio to find instructions and a downloadable copy.
- If you have questions or need assistance in completing your Career Portfolio, contact the Extension Office or email email@example.com to set up an appointment.