2015 Communication & Expressive Arts Contest
The 2015 Communication & Expressive Arts (CEA) Contest will be held on January 24th in the auditorium of the Valentine High School, starting at 10:00 AM, CT. The important life skill of being able to speak before a group or to perform before a crowd can be strengthened by taking part in the 4-H CEA Contest. Divisions include speech, public service announcement, presentation, job interview, music and talent. Guidelines and the entry form is available at http://cherry.unl.edu/cherrycounty4h. January 15 is the entry deadline. Entry forms may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, called in to (402) 376-1850, faxed to (402)376-2867 or dropped off.
Market Beef Weigh-In
- Saturday, February 7, from 10:30-11:30 AM, CT @ Valentine Livestock Auction OR
- Sunday, February 22, from 2:00-3:00 PM, CT @ Valentine Livestock Auction
- Cattle need 4-H or FFA ear tags prior to weigh-in. 4-H tags can be picked up at the Extension Office and will cost $1.25. Contact your FFA advisor for FFA tags.
- ID sheets will need to be filled out and turned in at weigh-in. They are available at the Extension Office or online at http://4h.unl.edu/documents/466759/4171006/2014_MarketBeef_Affidavit.pdf/d97a04dd-83f8-44fd-85d8-317ed6ea76a2.
- If you are considering showing at Ak-Sar-Ben or State Fair, a DNA sample will need to be taken. There is a $6 per head charge to submit the sample.
- A Bill of Sale, available at the Extension Office, will need to be provided even if the cattle are owned by the family.
Luck of the Draw
The annual 4-H Luck of the Draw fundraiser will be held at the Bull Market in conjunction with the Heart City Bull Bash on February 14. Tickets for the raffle will be sold from 10:30 am to 4:00 pm with the drawing starting at 4:30. If your family or club would like to donate something for the raffle, please contact Maggie Cox at 402-322-0180 or email her at Maggie.email@example.com. The 4-H Council is requesting all donations be delivered to the Extension Office no later than January 31 so they can be included in advertising.
Pre-ticket sales will be offered for the Luck of the Draw. 4-Hers can stop by the Extension Office to pick up the packets starting January 22. Pre-sale tickets will only be sold through February 6. This is a great opportunity to sell tickets to those individuals that might be short on time the day of the Bull Bash. 4-Hers will be responsible for all the tickets that they pick up for pre-sale. Any unsold tickets will need to be returned to the Extension Office. The 4-H Council is providing a $100 4-H Camp scholarship or $50 in Chamber Bucks to whomever sells the most tickets.