Youth planning to exhibit any livestock, poultry or rabbit projects at the county fair are required to complete Livestock Quality Assurance (LQA). This includes: beef, sheep, swine, rabbit, poultry, meat and dairy goats and dairy cattle. Three options for completing this requirement are out-lined below.
- A hands-on training for Cherry County 4-Hers will be held in conjunction with the Livestock Judging Contest on June 20 at Valentine Livestock Auction at 4:00 PM, CT. Attention new families: This is by far the easiest option, mark your calendars and plan to attend!
Youth NOT attending the class offered in conjunction with the Livestock Judging Contest must complete either the online LQA (all ages) or the Written Test Out Option (ages 12-18).
- Youth for the Quality Care of Animals (YQCA)
The new LQA Online Curriculum called Youth for the Quality Care of Animals (YQCA) is available at yqca.learngrow.io. Cost of the course is $15.
- You will use your 4HOnline login (email address) and password information to access the courses for the ACTIVE youth in your family. Only ACTIVE members will show in the drop down menu for access to the course.
- If you have forgotten your password for 4-H Online, use the 4-H Online program to make a password change. Then log into YQCA.
- Google Chrome browser works best for this program.
- All registration questions with YQCA should be directed email@example.com. There will not be local support for the YQCA program.
- All 4-H’ers need to use the 4-H tab and not the FFA tab even if they are members of both organizations.
- Youth are required to complete three (3) modulesin the YQCA Online Course by July 24 in order to complete this year’s LQA requirements. To receive credit for the modules, youth will need to pass the module’s associated quiz with a score of 80% or higher. If youth do not pass a quiz on the first try they will have the option to return to the materials and review them again prior to attempting the quiz, or choose a different module instead.
- Please print the certificate of completion from YQCA and bring it to the Extension Office when complete or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Intermediate and senior level youth are eligible to test-out by taking a written test at the Extension office to fulfill Quality Assurance age level requirements. To test-out of Quality Assurance, please contact the Extension office at 402-376-1850 for more information and/or to schedule a testing time.
All training and/or testing must be completed by July 24.