Ak-Sar-Ben, Animal Ownership Affidavit, April 15, Breed registration papers, DNA, Ear Tags, EID tags, ID sheets, Market Beef, Market Heifers, Market Steers, On-line nomination, Premises ID, State Fair
Please see the below information regarding information for Cherry County and State Fair and Ak-Sar-Ben regarding your market beef projects.
Cherry County Only information
Exhibitors will need to tag and have an Animal Ownership Affidavit (ID sheet) turned in to the Extension Office by April 15 to be eligible to show at the Cherry County Fair. 4-H ear tags are available at the Extension Office and will cost $1.25. FFA ear tags can be obtained from your advisor. ID sheets can be found and downloaded at https://4h.unl.edu/county-fair/affidavits. If your animal has a 4-H or FFA ear tag from a stocker feeder project, you do not need to retag.
Ak-Sar-Ben and State Fair information
Exhibitors that plan to show at State Fair or Ak-Sar-Ben will need to have the following:
- Exhibitors showing market animals at State Fair or AKSARBEN must have a signed and sealed official DNA collector with hair samples for DNA verification turned into their county office by April 15. It is recommended that you make a copy or a photo image of completed envelope you turn in.
- Complete the online nomination (showstockmgr.com) along with submitting payment online by April 15.
- Any animal carrying an 840 EID tag will require the exhibitor to obtain a Premises ID. Contact the Extension Office if you don’t already have one prior to April 15.
- Exhibitors will be required to complete Youth for the Quality Care of Animals (YQCA) for the enrolled livestock projects by July 16.
- Exhibitors will notify the County Extension Staff of any retags that may occur up to time of check-in at either the State Fair or AKSARBEN show.
- Exhibitors will select which animal entries they have chosen to show at State Fair on the State Fair pre-entry website. All nominated and validated animals will be automatically listed as a choice option for pre-entry registration.
- 4‐H and FFA youth participants will declare which youth organization they will show their animal projects by August 10 in ShoWorks.
- If an animal is shown in FFA at the State Fair, it is no longer eligible for AKSARBEN. If an animal is entered in FFA, but isn’t exhibited, that animal will still be eligible to be exhibited at AKSARBEN.
- Exhibitors will be required to bring the breed registration association paperwork to check-in at State Fair for animals wanting to show in a breed class. The exhibitors name should be identified on the registration paper.