A few reminders as we start the Cherry County Fair:
- Static exhibits and Interview Judging take place between 2:00 and 5:00 on Wednesday, August 9. 4-H projects will remain on display throughout the fair. You must pick up your exhibits between 4:30 and 5:00 on Sunday. It is your responsibility to make arrangements for someone else to get your items if you cannot be there to pick them up.
- Exhibits selected for State Fair will have an instruction sheet attached to the exhibit. Please read to find out when items need to be to the Extension Office to travel to Grand Island.
- Senior Champion and Reserve Champion showmanship winners of Horse, Sheep, Beef and Swine will participate in the Round Robin Showmanship contest at 1:00 on Saturday.
- After the Livestock Sale on Saturday, all livestock are released. The hog and sheep barn and the beef barn are to be cleaned out. Wood chips are taken out and the barns are swept and hosed out. Families work together to make this happen. Help will be needed to take down the alleyway panels and the show ring Saturday evening.
- T-shirts for official dress are at the Extension Office. T-shirts will not be available at the fairgrounds during fair. We do have a selection of various sizes of long-sleeved white shirts available for horse show participants.
- Fashion Show participants are reminded to get your outfits from the Exhibit Hall. Arrive at the pavilion 1 hour prior to the Fashion Show start.
- The 4-H Fair schedule can be found at http://extension.unl.edu/statewide/cherry/county%20Fair%20schedule%202017.pdf.
- Most importantly, HAVE FUN!